Moving on! Here's a collaboration of the latest news, addictive sites and shopping goodness I've stumbled upon and couldn't NOT share with you!
- I'm smitten with j. crew's line-up for spring 2011. the bold color palette and fun collaborations almost make me want to skip right through fall. [via a cup of jo]
- Little known fact: I'm borderline obsessed with news stories/trials pertaining to missing people--especially young women (hence the past desire to feverishly pursue law school)... case in point, I wrote a huge paper about the disappearance of Chandra Levy when I was a sophomore in high school. oddly enough, her body was found a week later. That still creeps me out. :/ Now, nearly nine years later, justice is served.
- In similar news, tests will soon reveal whether or not a bone discovered on the beaches of Aruba belongs to beautiful young Natalee Holloway. I am no breaking news reporter, but again, I got incredibly wrapped up in this case, especially in the months I lived in Birmingham. Both of Natalee's parents wrote books chronicling their search for their precious daughter. Please continue to pray for the Holloway family.
- A heartbreaking story about a heroic pup.
- In lighter news, I've recently realized my love for detailed illustrations. I keep stumbling across blogs and photostreams that I cannot get enough of. some of y'all are just amazingly talented.
- I MUST HAVE one of these! In the Texas version, please. Maybe Tennessee too. ;) [umm, also loving the AUSTIN one! sweet Lord, my throw pillow obsession just went up a notch.
- What are you doing to prep for the holidays?? I've been jamming to classic Bing Crosby on my Pandora, sprucing up a little tree for my office (pun intended), and watching tons of my favorite Christmas flicks (Love Actually and The Family Stone, anyone??). This oldie-but-goodie is impossible to not stop quoting. I just found a copy on Amazon and can't wait to watch it for the first time in a couple years!
- Have you picked out your holiday cards yet? These beauties are among my favorite--I can't get enough. But I need to get my butt in gear and finish sending them!!
- I'm wanting to get into pinterest, but haven't been bitten by the bug yet. do any of you play with it?
- Latest newfound blog to add to "favorite wedding blog list." swoon city.
- I can't wait to grab a new planner for 2011! I color-code all my categories, and have quite the list of prerequisites for any planner I might be considering to invest my time and money into... this snazzy little laurel denise planner is at the top of my list right now!
- Manfriend was sweet enough to whisk me away this weekend to my favorite city... he even played good sport as I surveyed the goodness at the mother ship. Oh Anthro, why do you do this to me? I want you, and you, and these, and this. Oh, and this one. And I want to live in this for the next 4 months--ahem, after our 80-DEGREE "winter" weather subsides. [WARNING: long, anthro-dedicated post coming soon!!!]
- My decorating itch has been more and more apparent lately... I love the idea of cozy knit pillows tucked into an overstuffed couch. Homebunch is one of my latest house & decor blogs that I can't get enough of. They documented Jessica Alba's home being up for sale--and I love it! The Middle Eastern vibe and gorgeous colors are uncharacteristically cozy to me.
- Thinking I need to add this to my Christmas list too. Need to balance the tech-y-ness of the ipad with a little bit of traditional, right?
- I'm a total sucker for monograms. Urban was formerly my go-to for snarky phrased t-shirts, circa 2005. now, a lot of their home stuffs are super cute. What do you think?
Au revoir, kittens!