1. Night and day, I scrub my mug with Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit scrub. I've used dozens of cleansers, ranging from drugstore labels on up to the pricier Sephora natives and I keep coming back to this because it is the best. It leaves my skin squeaky clean with the perfect amount of rosy flush. Smells unbelievable too! $7 at drugstores, Target, Walmart.
2. This little sucker is the true miracle worker. Clarisonic is widely praised for its numerous benefits for skin. For starters, skimming this little hombre on your face for a minute a day will increase smoothness, reduce pore size, eliminate virtually all dirt and makeup. Over time, lines seem to fade and makeup and moisturizer applies more smoothly. I've only had mine for a few months and it is a dream. I chose the smaller Mia (yes, in pink!), because it's way easier to toss in my bag with my crazy travel schedule. Go find it here. Best dinero you'll ever spend!
3. Moisturizers have always been the trickiest find for me. I've had sensitive combination skin that reacts very differently to different products. I don't remember how I stumbled across Aveeno's Daily Moisturizer, but just like the grapefruit cleanser, it's become an old faithful. Lo and behold, I discovered my Mimi used this exact moisturizer for years before she passed away--and her skin was always luminous and beautiful. Very lightweight and has SPF... doesn't clog pores and is perfect primer for any makeup--mineral makeup, tinted moisturizer, foundation. $15 at drugstores, Target, Walmart. (Also love Philosophy's Hope-In-A-Jar, but seeing that I only get access to a Sephora a few times a month, I tend to grab the Aveeno when I'm grocery shopping here in Texas.)
4. Another classic is St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I know everyone in civilization for the past hundred years must have used this at some point, but again, I return to it because I love the glow it gives my face. I use it 2-3 times a week in the shower. It's great to use in the morning and alternate with using the clarisonic at night. Leaves skin super smooth and glowy. Super bargain at $3 nearly anywhere.
5. If you have any sort of presence on any avenue of social media whatsoever, there's no doubt you've heard at least one chick boast of how awesome Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask is. Chances are, you've seen pictures of gals in the "black mask" too. I was a wee bit skeptical at first, but after dipping my toe in the Boscia water, I'm totally hooked. This mask is like a huge pore strip... it has the consistency of tar as you spread it across your face, and it's slightly painful to peel away 10 minutes later, but the results are instant. Pores are smaller, skin is tighter, your face is fresher. I highly, highly recommend!! Use about 1x/week. $34 at Sephora.
6. Last but not least, I turn to you, Bliss. Bliss Spa is highly renowned for their services, and for gals like me with no Bliss Spa anywhere around, the products are a close second. The Triple Oxygen Mask Instant Energizing Mask is unlike anything I've ever used. Unlike most masks, you don't have to peel or wipe this away. The pump bottle surprises you with a orangey gel that smells heavenly--like a dreamsicle... you smear it on your face in a thin layer, watch it bubble up and splash away with water five minutes later. It's great even in the morning when I want my face to glow a little more than usual, but am pressed for time. I alternate between my Boscia and Bliss. $52 at Sephora (but a little goes a long way!).
Lastly, one of my absolute favorite perks to ordering from Sephora are the crazy cool samples they send you with your shiny new purchases. It's an awesome way to try products without splurging--I've fallen in love with many an item after testing Sephora's samples! All of these have been just great:
caudelie vinoperfect day perfecting cream
ole henriksen fresh start eye cream
lancome genifique youth activating concentrate
shiseido benefiance eye cream
clinique all about eyes
...I know I'm still "young," but I've been obsessed with eye creams lately. Any that you would recommend?
Last but not least, if you're looking for a quick (and cheap!) way to love your face a little more... remember to:
- go easy on the caffeine
- use makeup with sunscreen
- drink plenty of water
- don't smoke!
- get plenty of sleep...
... but I still love every excuse under the sun to fill my bathroom shelves with sweet-smelling, girly goods, don't you? :)