After a little bit of a rough day (we'll talk later), I finally made it home to the motherland for the holiday! And for the sake of offering a conformist's list of all things I'm thankful for (while sparing you the daily facebook updates), I thought I'd offer a checklist of the things I've been especially grateful for this year.
Aside from the blatantly obvious--ahem, my dearest family and friends, my constant health and overall great spirit, my faith--in no particular order, here are a few more:
- life in a new city... the curve balls it's brought and the thrill--even now--it brings everyday.
- the love, laughs and support of a man I'm still crazy about.
- living 2 miles from a Starbucks.
- discovering dry shampoo and the quintessential top knot.
- moving to Nashville and yet keeping the solid friendships with (damn near all of) my girls back home. I have some amazingly loyal sweethearts woven into my life (no, this is not a cotton commercial).
- three J. Crew stores and an Anthro and West Elm within a 15-20 minute jaunt from my driveway.
- the niche I've found at Vanderbilt--the posse of women I am fortunate to work with and fit in with effortlessly, the zest of working in academia, the rush I get from being able to make a living, doing what I do best--working from my creative mind.
- new opportunities (more on that later!)
- being part of an effervescent church and church family I love more and more.
- being a Texan, a Baylor girl, a military kid, a sister and aunt.
- my shiny, new Frye boots, Pinterest and Birchbox.
- unfailingly perfect family recipes.
- making big plans, and small plans, alike.
...and above all, having a home I'm in love with, an ever-present support system, and the resounding feeling like I'm right where I need to be, right now. There's nothing--and I mean nothing--that supersedes that in my book right now.
I genuinely, truly hope your holiday was just as wonderful as could be!!
*don't forget about my giveaway! last day!