Happy Valentine's (or Galentine's) Day, y'all! If you're into the whole day o' love bit, I hope it's as sugary sweet as you can possibly fathom. If not, I hope you have a day chock full of as much normalcy and no accusations of bitterness or the like. To each his own. Or her own, as it most likely is.
Since I am a lover of all things sappy and hot pink and romantical, my take on today's post will reflect that, and I like to think that I have a little something for everyone.
1. I have a few recipes in life that I want to perfect. Spaghetti bolognese tops the list, and this recipe looks amazing... and Jillian Harris boasts of its appeal, so I doubt you can go wrong... might be a fabulous little meal to whip up for your man... or your gal pals!
2. The Bouqs (my favorite!!) has a nifty list of nostalgic ways to keep those old flowers. For years, I kept the dried roses my boyfriend had showered me with... I moved from college apartment to college apartment with a pile of dusty, hardly recognizable rose, their color having long faded away to a tragic, lusterless gold hue. So... my advice is, don't do what I did. It can get gross.
3. Here's an interesting article about girls sharing (gasp) their numbers, and their feelings around the topic. It's intriguing to me, to hear people's interpretations of sex and what it means to them as individuals... or whether it means anything at all.
4. You might have seen this making waves on the Book of Faces, but here you go anyway: TIME has created an "app" of sorts for predicting when you should get married. Hmm... okay.
5. And saving the best for last... here's a little playlist for you attached gals, and one for the unattached gals. Jam out, y'all!
Oh, and we saw Lord Huron last night for our little Valentine's Date, and they were incredible...
So give 'em a listen...(thanks to Whit and her #backthatazzup party!)
Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! Have a great weekend!