Here are my favorite moments from last night's fete:
1. Obvi, the selfie seen round the world. Seriously--how freaking cool is this moment?!
2. Lupita Nyong'o. GIRL. Girrrrrrl. Her reaction to winning was the most precious thing in the world. She just emanated sincerity and shock and that dress was just made for her. She was a vision last night, and I loved everything about her sweet speech, and I think she's headed for a lengthy, successful career (also making a mental note to watch "12 Years A Slave" this week).
3. Darlene Love. WOW. Her little impromptu performance made my eyes sting with unanticipated tears, and seemed to jolt the entire audience awake (bonus points for Bill Murray who immediately stood up and seemed to prompt her standing ovation). It was such a cool, cool moment.
4. The dresses were mostly pretty--nothing overwhelmed me, really. But I will say, my stand-out favorite was hands-down, Julia Roberts. The black lace peplum was just so perfectly gorgeous on her, and she looked completely stunning and youthful.
5. Jared Leto was beautiful. The hair, yeah, okay, but I could just stare at him for a long, long, loooong time.
6. Idina Menzel's performance of "Let It Go" gave me chills. Gah, her voice. And the stage was just so whimsical and dreamy.
And can we pause for a minute and talk about how ridiculous John Travolta is? Gross.
7. McConaughey. Ohhhh man. I've loved you forever, sir, but last night just sealed the deal. I love that he won (we saw "American Hustle" and "Wolf of Wall Street," and as much love as I have for Leo, I didn't think he deserved an Oscar for his portrayal of Jordan Belfort)--we actually watched "Dallas Buyer's Club" today (yayyyy, snow day!), and yeah, he lost a ridiculous amount of weight, but the depth of the character is mesmerizing--and I think he has definitely shed that stereotypical rom-com shadow. His range is incredibly dynamic--I definitely recommend the film.
What was your favorite part of last night?