Hello, hello! Happy Friday to you! Let's get to it, shall we?
[thanks to these fine four ladies for the suggestion!]
1. Have you ever read the blog, Hyperbole and a Half? I found it years ago, and despite the infrequent posts, I've followed it forever because it's one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in print. And wouldn't you know, Allie Brosh has managed to create a book based on her hysterics. I read the entire thing on Wednesday and laughed harder than I have in months. I'm talking, hunched over, shaking shoulders, tears in your eyes laughing. She's just ridiculously funny.
[an ipad screenshot view of some classic Allie Brosh]
And uhhhh, BONUS: here's one of my favorite excerpts from the book, via the Today Show.
2. No, not pregnant--and no, not anytime soon. But I have this little tinge of baby fever, you might say. While I'm still mopey about my nannying days winding down, last night, I had both girls for the evening while Mom + Dad attended a dinner. My all-access pass to the sweetest seven-week-old you ever did meet had me completely smitten with all things baby.
Hands down, the unequivocal best part of snuggling with a newborn? That entrancing, adorable scent. I love this article that came out late last year, mirroring my opinions... no, ladies--not just a girl thing. There really is a science to it!
3. My Pure Barre challenge is still going strong! Eight classes in the possible 11 days, thus far. I am crazy thankful to have decent genes and an okay muscle memory, because truly, in 8 classes, I already see a difference in my waist, arms and seat. IN EIGHT CLASSES. I've heard time and again that ten classes is a great milestone to notice change, but I'm seeing it already and I'm officially hooked. I can't praise it enough. It's exactly what I need in terms of motivation, really close to my office and a quick workout at 55 minutes for the payout of 500-600 calories burned. I'm loving it.
4. I am in dire need of some sandals and spring wear. My Target duds from last summer aren't going to cut it for this next year.
I'm obsessed with the idea of a lace-up heel, and I'm still majorly freaking out about peep-toe booties... the Sole Society version is exactly what I'm looking for. Not to mention, the rustic-yet-girly quality of that watch, the frilliness of that swimsuit, and can we pause and praise the trend that is Mexicali everything? The gauzey, fresh, muu muu-print-and embroidery inspired situation that is happening right now speaks so deeply to my Texas girl's soul.
5. ST and I jumped on the House of Cards bandwagon this month. And OMGahhhh, is it good. Kevin Spacey is so wildly talented, it's insane. And the whole being-set-in-DC thing has me feeling really nostalgic. See, in college, I was convinced I might make a run at being a bouncy lobbyist or plunge into a non-profit in our nation's capital. I have a little bit of envy for Kate Mara's barely-scraping-by, scheming newswriter of a character.
And here's your weekly jam... (thanks, Whit!) Can't ever have too much of The Wild Feathers.
The Country Music Marathon is plowing through Nashville this weekend, so after Pure Barre tomorrow, I will be on lockdown at home with ST. Sunday after church, we're dropping by the Meat Ya at Centennial BBQ with some dear friends, and I can't wait! I've missed the grilling season more than I care to admit. What's on your plate (ha. no pun intended!) this weekend?