you know I've been singing pure barre's praises for the past few weeks. I'm hooked, I love it, I'm totally drinking the koolaid, whatever. and while I know you're intelligent enough to pack your own gym bag, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spill about my essentials (because you know how nosy I am about bags and such).
by misformoxie via polyvore.
- comfortable, form-fitting attire... so here's a confession. I didn't get the whole lululemon frenzy for the longest time. and then I jumped on that bandwagon too. super quality, forms to your body, amazingly comfortable. yes, I have other workout gear that ain't too shabby, yet I'm always reaching for this stuff. the wunder under crop is amazing--I wear them everyday when I get home too. in a top, I love a racerback situation--and it's ideal for all the bending, stretching and reaching that PB entails.
- your own personal hydration station. and a snackeroo. I rock my camelbak everyday, and I always have a stash of lemon bar larabars on me.
- a towel to mop off your pools of sweat. I don't see many girls bring towels, which surprises me. not everyone sweats a ton, but wouldn't you take a towel if you went to the gym to skip on the elliptical? it's the right thing to do.
- the $12 grippy socks that might elicit an eye-roll prior to your first class. trust me--you'll want your toes to stay firmly planted throughout that 90-second plank.
- heart-rate monitor watch. because it's pretty freaking awesome to feel your formerly-absent obliques AND realize you burned nearly 600 calories on your lunch break.