via. (obsessed with this adorable print.)
hey, hey, hey... how's it going? Just like that, August is here. I'm skedaddling off to for a long overdue trip home to Texas next weekend, and my heart is just so happy. While the summer in Nashville has been pretty brutal, heat-wise, the days have been good to me, and I know my time at home will just add endlessly to that bucket of gratitude.
But enough about that... here's some goodness for you:
- I never knew why the "no white after Labor Day" rule came about (and yes, I adhere to it)... but now I do.
- Speaking of whites... I hosted a favorite things party a couple weeks ago and ended up with a new Essie polish--the perfect, elegant, pinky, white nude (and I feel like I've tried them all).
- Haim hits it out of the park again. And I love how they spell out all of the background of writing this kick-ass new album.
- Anyone else totally weak when it comes to Wikipedia rabbit holes? Here's one of my favorites...
- This piece about French moms is just endlessly fascinating to me.
- Perspective is an amazing, earth-shattering thing.
- How cool is this infographic, showing how common each birthday in the year is?? (fun fact--mine of November 24th is the 352th most popular!)
- Steel Magnolias was one of the first non-Disney movies I ever remember watching--always surrounded by the women in my family, naturally. I even portrayed M'Lynn on stage when I was a freshman in high school... and after all immersion, I still never knew the full back story until this week. So fascinating! Can you believe it's been 30 years?
- Venmo shares all of our spending secrets. I've thought about this a time or two, and it's hilarious to see someone else having written out what has crossed my mind.
- Were you part of the masses who read "When Breath Becomes Air?" What very well might be my favorite book I've read this year, completed by the author's wife. Such a heart-wrenchingly raw and beautiful love.
Have the loveliest weekend!